The best provider of
retail financial

such as Vehicle Licenses and Check Cashing

Cook County Vital Records and Documents Requests

Vital records are incredibly important documents such as certificates for births, deaths, marriage, and divorce. Local authorities track and create these documents for the public, and usually keep them on file somewhere. In order for you to get your records, you can either go through the lengthy channels or come to WSCE for expedited access!

Birth Certificates at Your Fingertips

There are dozens of reasons that you may need to obtain Cook County or Illinois vital records, such as claiming insurance benefits or enrolling in educational programs. Rather than drive all the way to the Division of Vital Records in Springfield or the Cook County Clerk’s Office, you can come to your local West Suburban Currency Exchange. Our team will be able to process your request for death records, birth records, and marriage certificates quickly so that you can receive your documents in about a week.

How to Obtain Vital Records

In order for your request to be processed for a birth or civil union certificate, all you need is a driver’s license or state-issued ID card. For those that are under the age of 18, you will need a parent or guardian with some form of identification to accompany you.

Family members of the deceased can acquire a death certificate that includes vital statistics such as the cause of death. Similar to other certified copies, all that is required is a form of identification, and we will facilitate the process by working with the Cook County Department of Vital Records.

After we receive your request for records, we will contact the Cook County Department of Vital Records. The documents will then be shipped to the location that you have visited, and this typically takes 7-10 business days to arrive. We are unable to ship documents directly to your home address, but with our convenient locations, you should be able to easily pick up your documents on your schedule.

Why Do You Need Vital Records?

Vital records are used in a litany of ways to verify identities and apply for programs:

  • Applying for a Passport
  • Applying for Government Benefits
  • Establishing Your Identity
  • Settling an Estate
  • Obtaining Insurance Benefits
  • Joining the Military
  • Enrolling in a New School

Vital records are also useful to use as primary or secondary identification sources and are needed when applying for passports, marriage licenses, and insurance programs.

How to Save Money When You Are Broke

Stop by WSCE Today!

If you need immediate access to any vital records, then visit one of the WSCE locations in suburban Cook County or the surrounding counties. Our staff would be happy to assist you with your request and handle sensitive information with the utmost care and discretion.