The best provider of

Retail Financial

such as Vehicle Licenses and Check Cashing

Find Location

Find a Location Near You

FAQ: Common Currency Exchange Questions And Answers

With over 20 locations across the Chicagoland area, one of the main goals of West Suburban Currency Exchange is to offer convenient and efficient service for your financial or vital document needs.

We understand that you might have a few questions about our services before you decide to visit your local WSCE location, so below we’ve answered some of our customer’s most frequently asked questions:

Check Cashing, Vehicle Licenses & Car Sticker Renewals In Illinois

Do you cash personal checks?

Yes. Some check cashers simply refuse to handle personal checks but we welcome them. Depending on the size or circumstance, we may bank the check and release the funds after the check has cleared. In most cases however, we do not have a problem cashing personal checks on the spot.

Yes. For faster service, please bring the following information:

  • If you are incorporated and have been for less than a year, bring your Articles of Incorporation.
  • If you are incorporated and have been for more than a year, bring your Articles of Incorporation and your annual minutes (Form 2553) filed on the last anniversary of the corporation.
  • If you are not incorporated and have been doing business for less than a year, we will need a letter from an accountant or an attorney stating that you are the sole proprietor of the business.
  • If you are not incorporated and have been doing business for more than a year, we will need your Schedule C from your latest federal tax return.
  • If you cannot provide the documentation stated, please contact our Commercial Account Manager at 847-759-4566 who can assist you further.

The currency exchange cannot issue a legal receipt to drive with when a renewal sticker must be ordered. However, the receipt issued shows that you paid for the renewal and most law enforcement agents will not issue a ticket if you show our receipt. Please be advised that you can receive a citation for invalid registration. You should receive your renewal sticker within a week of purchase.

You (or your lienholder, if applicable) will receive the title through the mail within 3 months. If you ordered license plates with a specific plate number (ie, personalized plates, a single replacement plate, ham radio plates with your call numbers), you will receive them through the mail within 3 months. If the plate ordered did not have a specific plate number, it will be available at the currency exchange within 2 weeks.

Still Have A Questioned We Didn’t Answer Here? Call Us.

Between your work schedule, commute and home life, we know that time is precious to every WSCE customer. Whether you need help with navigating how to renew a license plate sticker in Illinois or conduct a simple currency exchange, we’re happy to answer all of your questions ahead of time.

If you still have questions about any of our services, then there are multiple ways we can still help you. See if we have answered them on our site’s blog, email us, or call any of our 22 locations.

West Suburban Currency Exchanges, Inc.